In 2017, our presence
in Portugal was focused
on our Chemicals, Lubricants,
Marketing, and LPG businesses
- Service stations
In the second quarter of 2017, the exploratory licenses for block 11 (Sapateira) and 12 (Caranguejo) in the Algarve basin (offshore Portugal) were canceled. Repsol was the operator of this license with a 70% working interest, alongside Partex with the remaining 30%. In the second half of 2017, the Ameijoa, Camarao, Lagosta, Lagostim, Mexilhao, and Ostra blocks were canceled, meaning that Repsol has had no exploration or production activity in the country as of December 31st, 2017.
In 2017, our network was made up of 464 service stations — the second largest in the country.
Our petrochemical plant in Sines produces 800,000 metric tons of ethylene, propylene, and other petrochemical products every year.
LPG and AutoGas
In Portugal, we distribute bottled and bulk LPG, as well as AutoGas, to end customers and other operators. In 2017, sales amounted to 138,000 metric tons, making us the third largest operator in the country.
Lubricants, Asphalts, and Specialized Products
Sale and distribution of lubricants, asphalts, and specialized products is run through our commercial office.